HealthierbyNature.com's Fit for Success

Friday, August 20, 1999 at 3:05 PM

Natural prenatal nutrition: personal story

By Nancy Mellott

I began trusting and using Shaklee products first with my children, one who has asthma and allergies, and the other is suspected ADHD and had severe eczema. Thats 2 other long successful stories in themselves.

At any rate, I saw and experienced the way 2 little bodies were able to heal and restore health naturally. After beginning my third pregnancy, I quickly realized that I was back in the same boat as the first two, with nausea, fatigue, constipation, and water retention, and my allergies were out of control- I relied on Claritin daily. After pitching the Dr's prescribed prenatal vitamins and starting vitalea (3 a day), b-complex (2-6 daily), mealshake ( didn't like the soy at first), cal-mag, alfalfa (20 per day), and the antioxidants, my energy level and pregnancy took a turn for the better.

This pregnancy was fantastic from that point forward. It was the first time I did not test positive for gestational diabetes, my blood pressure remained normal throughout, and my naps were no longer a necessity. Also I gained 10 pounds less than I had with either of the first two, and my 3rd baby was a full pound heavier at delivery. He has by far been the healthiest infant, and nursing has been easy and fun- still. Synthetic "prenatals" cram all the nutrients into 1 tablet that doesn't even breakdown most of the time.

If we choose to have another baby it will be Shakleeized from the womb, I wish I knew about these incredible products sooner. The new starter packages will be great to offer expecting moms a prenatal supplement pack, with all the folic acid they need. We need to get them into the OB offices, so people know there are alternatives.

Post a Comment